I can’t enroll my new spouse. Edison shows I’m still married to a previous spouse. What do I do?


Q. I would like to add my newly acquired spouse to coverage, however, Edison still shows my previous spouse as a dependent. What steps should I take to update Edison so that my new spouse can be added?


A. You will not be able to enroll your new spouse until Benefits Administration updates the previous spouse’s relationship in Edison to show divorced or deceased. Please submit a copy of the final divorce decree or death certificate so that your previous spouse can be updated.  You may submit this information by fax to 615.741.8196 or by uploading the document(s) at  https://benefitssupport.tn.gov   

Have more questions? Submit a request