Adding Children Due to Break in Ex-Spouse’s Coverage


Q. I am divorced and my children are covered under my ex-spouse’s insurance. My ex-spouse is changing jobs and will be without insurance for one month. I know that I can add my children due to them losing coverage. If I do this, can I then remove them when they are able to get back on my ex-spouse’s insurance?


A. Yes.  Once your children are back on your ex-spouse’s insurance, you can then remove them from your coverage by submitting the following information to your Agency Benefits Coordinator (ABC):


·         An Insurance Cancel Request Application; and

·         Proof of other coverage



Have more questions? Submit a request