Are there any income sources I might receive while I am disabled which will reduce my Short Term Disability benefit?

Yes. The following income sources will reduce your Disability benefit:

• Any sick pay, vacation pay or other salary continuation that the Policyholder (the state) pays to you.
• Any disability or retirement benefits which you receive because of your disability or retirement under a Railroad Retirement Act or any state or public employee retirement or disability plan.
• Any income received for disability or retirement under the Policyholder’s Retirement Plan, to the extent that it can be attributed to the Policyholder’s (the state’s) contributions.
• Any income received for disability under another Group Insurance Policy (for example, if you work two jobs and are covered under both Disability plans)

The above list is not all inclusive. Please read your Short Term Disability certificate for the full legal details. Follow the link on the right side of web page to view the certificate.

Have more questions? Submit a request