Can I enroll for both Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability? How does this work?

State Employees: Yes, you may enroll in either Short Term Disability (STD) insurance and/or Long Term Disability (LTD) insurance. Your LTD benefits, if enrolled, begin after your STD benefits have been exhausted and your LTD elimination period is satisfied. The disability insurance carrier will work with you when and if you need to transition from STD to LTD.

Higher Education Employees: You should consult with your agency benefits coordinator. Benefits Administration does not manage the Long Term Disability plan for Higher Education employees.

Have more questions? Submit a request