STATE OF TENNESSEE GROUP INSURANCE PROGRAM
SHORT TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
SHORT TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE EXCLUSIONS
We will not pay for any Disability caused or contributed to by:
1. war, whether declared or undeclared, or act of war, insurrection, rebellion or terrorist act;
2. Your active participation in a riot;
3. intentionally self-inflicted injury;
4. attempted suicide; or
5. commission of or attempt to commit or taking part in a felony.
We will not pay Short Term Benefits for any Disability caused or contributed to by elective treatment or procedures, such as:
1. cosmetic surgery or treatment primarily to change appearance;
2. sex-change surgery;
3. reversal of sterilization;
5. visual correction surgery; and
6. in vitro fertilization; embryo transfer procedure; or artificial insemination.
However, pregnancies and complications from any of these procedures will be treated as a Sickness.
Have more questions? Submit a request