In 2018, the state will offer Voluntary Vision benefits through a new vendor, Davis Vision.
- The network will change. It is important to check the network for your provider and other providers in your area. You can look for your provider by going to http://www.davisvision.com/stateofTN. There is not a specific network name to enter.
- There are many added values to this year’s Voluntary Vision benefits, including an increased allowance for frames, lenses and contact lenses.
If you have Voluntary Vision coverage and want to keep it, you do not have to reenroll in Davis Vision unless you want to change your current coverage level (e.g., moving from Basic Plan to Expanded Plan). However, if you wish to change from the Basic Plan to the Expanded Plan or vice versa, you will need to make the change during the Annual Enrollment Period.
Eligible employees can choose from two Voluntary Vision options:
- Basic Plan: Offers discounted rates and allowances for services.
- Expanded Plan: Provides services with a combination of copays, greater allowances than the Basic Plan and discounted rates.
(Note: Local education and local government employees should check with their agency benefits coordinator to see if vision insurance is available.)
Both plans offer the same services, including:
- Routine eye exam once every calendar year
- Frames once every two calendar years
- Choice of eyeglass lenses or contact lenses once every calendar year
- Discount on LASIK/refractive surgery
Davis Vision offers some additional benefits, based on the plan you choose. These include:
- Zero ($0.00) copay for single vision, bifocal, trifocal or lenticular lenses purchased at an in-network location.
- Free pair of eyeglass frames from any Davis Vision’s “The Exclusive Collection”, which includes “Fashion, Designer and Premier” Selections under the in-network Expanded Plan.
- Free pair of “Fashion Selection” eyeglass frames from Davis Vision’s “The Exclusive Collection” under the in-network Basic Plan. “Designer” and “Premier” Selections have $15 and $40 copays respectively.
- Free pair of frames at Visionworks retail locations.
- 40% discount off retail under the in-network Expanded Plan and 30% discount off retail under the in-network Basic Plan for an additional pair of eyeglasses, except at Walmart, Sam’s Club or Costco locations.
- 20% discount off retail cost of an additional pair of conventional or disposable contact lenses under the in-network Expanded Plan.
- One year warranty for breakage of most eyeglasses.
The Basic and Expanded plans are both managed by Davis Vision. In-network and out-of-network benefits are available. You will receive the maximum benefit when visiting a provider in Davis Vision’s network
For questions about Vision Insurance you can go to http://www.davisvision.com/stateofTN. To review benefits for the plans, use these plan codes.
-Basic Client Code: 8155
-Expanded Client Code: 8156
You can also call Davis Vision at 800.208.6404, Mon – Fri, 7 a.m. -10 p.m.; Sat, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Sun, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m., Central Time.