There is not an all-inclusive list of drugs for all of the categories because there are a large number of generics and many preferred brands and the number changes regularly.
Drug categories generally covered as a 90-day maintenance drug are:
- Anti-hypertensives (for high blood pressure)
- Statins (for high cholesterol)
- Diabetes drugs, insulins, One Touch test strips, One Touch lancets, and BD needles
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) medications
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) medications
- Depression medications
- Asthma/COPD meds
In order to receive this benefit and have your drug in this category bypass the deductible you must fill a 90-day supply through either the CVS Caremark Mail Order program OR at a participating Retail-90 Network Pharmacy.
If you are unsure whether a medication is a qualified 90-day maintenance drug, call Caremark at (877) 522-8679.
Note: The list of Retail 90 day pharmacies is available at: caremark.com/portal/asset/Mail_Retail_Network_Listing.pdf