You need to look at your choices carefully. Here are some things to think about:
- This plan has a lower premium, but it has a higher deductible.
- There are no copays. You pay the full discounted network rate for services until you meet your deductible.
- After you meet your deductible, you will pay a portion of your costs (coinsurance) until you meet your annual out-of-pocket maximum (20% or 30% of discounted network rates depending on your health plan option).
- You will have a health savings account. If you want, you can start adding the money you save in premiums along with any other contributions you or your employer makes to your account.
- The CDHP and the PPOs use the same networks and offer the same discounted network rates.