Instructions for ABC’s to Complete the required ABC Web based HIPAA Training in ELM
Follow the navigation below:
- Login into Edison at (www.edison.tn.gov)
- Click ELM (left side of your Edison page in the Workcenter)
- Click Learning Home
- In the Search for Learning field type “HIPAA” Select the Search Icon> Annual HIPAA Training (HIPAA 2000)
- Search the appropriate Class Code for your entity (LG_LE_HIPAA_2023) or (State_HE_HIPAA_2023) Select Launch
- View Progress Page, Under the Table of Contents you will see the course listed below:
HIPAA Annual HIPAA Training>Click Launch and you video will begin.
For further instructions on accessing the Annual HIPAA training:
- Click the link below to watch a video (found on YouTube channel) to walk you through the process:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54eqJ4WjPZw (this video is NOT the training).
Edison will record every year you have completed the course. The course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. There is a 10-question quiz at the end of the course. You must make at least an 80 percent otherwise you will be required to take the quiz again.
Failure to comply with mandatory training requirements may result in suspension of ABC access. Training requirements will not be waived unless approved in advance by BA HIPAA Compliance Officer.
Note: If you are unable to enroll, please contact our service center at 800.253.9981 or 615.741.3590, Create a Zendesk Ticket or submit an email to our Training Team at Benefits.Training@tn.gov for assistance.