You need to look at your choices very carefully. ALEX your online benefits advisor may help choose which plan may be best for you. Here are some things to think about:
- This plan has a lower premium but it has a higher deductible.
- There are no copays. You pay the full discounted network rate for services until you meet your deductible.
- After you meet your deductible, you will pay a portion of your costs (coinsurance) until you meet your annual out-of-pocket maximum (20 or 30 percent of discounted network rates depending on your options).
- You will have a Health Savings Account (HSA) and if you wish, can start adding the money you save in premiums along with any other contributions you or your employer makes to your account.
- The HealthSavings CDHP and the PPOs use the same networks and offer the same discounted network rates.