If I enroll in the CDHP and my spouse has a medical FSA, can I still contribute to an HSA?


No, you are not eligible for a HSA if you have access to medical FSA funds, unless it is a limited purpose medical FSA for dental and vision expenses only. Dependent care, parking and transportation flexible spending accounts are still allowed. The same rules apply to HRAs if your spouse has an HRA (health reimbursement account) through his or her employment. At this time, the state-sponsored insurance plans do not offer an HRA.

Have more questions? Submit a request