If I leave the state and go to an employer that offers a traditional plan (without a HSA) can I still use my HSA money?

Yes. As long as you use the money for qualified medical expenses, you can use the HSA funds until they are gone. You can also save them to cover medical costs when you retire. However, if you use them for non-qualified expenses you will pay the taxes. There is also a 20 percent penalty for non-qualified payments (prior to age 65).

Have more questions? Submit a request