How do I pay claims with a CDHP?

There are three ways to pay:

  • The easiest way is to use the PayFlex card (your HSA debit card) which you will receive after your enroll, to pay for an eligible expense.
  • Pay for eligible expenses with cash, check or a personal credit card. Then request reimbursement online or through the PayFlex Mobile app using “Make a Withdrawal.”
  • Use online bill payment (“Make a Payment”) to pay your expense provider directly from your HSA.

It is up to the provider’s office if you pay during the visit or if the office bills you. In general, providers will submit the claim to the insurance company and bill you the amount owed after your insurance processes your claim.

Note: You do not have to pay the medical expenses from the HSA account if you don’t want to do so. Many people choose to pay their own medical expenses out of their own funds and let their HSA continue to grow year after year.

Have more questions? Submit a request