My old school system provides other dental coverage. Can I still apply for state-sponsored dental coverage?

If your school system provides dental coverage to retirees, you have the choice to enroll in the school system’s dental plan, one of the state’s dental plans or a combination of the two. If you wish to enroll in both the school system and state’s plans, you will need to contact the dental carriers to see if coordination of benefits is possible.


Please Note: Benefits Administration can only assist you with questions about dental coverage under the state sponsored plans. For questions about other coverage, you will need to contact those plans or ask your former school system for assistance.

Have more questions? Submit a request