Can I enroll in the limited purpose flexible spending account (L-FSA) if I am not enrolled in the Consumer-Driven Health Plan (CDHP)?

Yes, you may enroll in a L-FSA without CDHP enrollment, but the fund use is limited to vision and dental expenses. This is beneficial if you are not enrolled in a CDHP, but your spouse is enrolled in a CDHP through his/her employer. If your spouse is enrolled in a CDHP, you are not eligible for a medical flexible spending account (medical FSA) but can enroll in a L-FSA.

Have more questions? Submit a request