How does a school board member enroll in the State’s health insurance plan?

If your school system participates in the State Group Insurance Program, the Human Resources staff will provide information about your options and premiums and help you enroll. If not, the Benefits Administration Service Center will help. Call 800-253-9981. Be prepared to fill out an Enrollment Change Application found on the forms page of ParTNers For Health website at

 In addition to the application, you will need to provide:

  • A letter from the school district on official school board stationary stating the date you were sworn in and the date your term ends. Your coverage will continue as long as you serve on the school board. Benefits Administration must have this documentation for our annual audit purposes. You will be eligible for COBRA when you leave office.
  • If you want to enroll any dependents, the required verification documents are listed on page two of the application.
  • An Authorization Agreement for Preauthorized Payment (ACH) available from your Human Resources office or the BA Service Center (800-253-9981) and a voided check.
Have more questions? Submit a request