I am a local government employee who is changing employers (one city government to another). Both employers are on the state group insurance plan. How does that affect my insurance coverage?

If you are leaving one local government agency to join another, you are considered a new hire at that institution (even if there is no break in coverage/employment). You can change coverages, add or remove dependents, cancel coverage or maintain your current coverage.  You must reenroll through Employee Self Service (ESS) or by submitting an enrollment form within 31 days of your eligibility date with the new agency.

Have more questions? Submit a request