If a current state, higher education, local government or local education employee changes jobs and becomes an employee of another entity (state employee to local government employee, etc.), how does that affect their insurance coverage?

Anytime an employee who is on the State insurance plan changes entities, he or she is considered a new hire at the new place of employment (even if there is no break in coverage/employment).The employee may change coverages, add or remove dependents, cancel coverage or maintain their current coverage by accessing Employee Self Service (ESS) or submitting an enrollment form within 31 days of their eligibility date with the new agency.

Have more questions? Submit a request