I am a local education employee who is changing employers (one school system to another), how does that affect my insurance coverage?

If you are leaving one school system to join another, you are considered a new hire at the new school (even if there is no break in coverage/employment). You may change coverages, add or remove dependents, cancel coverage or maintain your current coverage by accessing Employee Self Service (ESS) or submitting an enrollment form within 31 days of your eligibility date with the new school.

Have more questions? Submit a request