Yes. The following income sources will reduce your Disability benefit
- Any Sick Leave, Accrued Leave, Compensatory Leave or other salary continuation that the Policyholder (the State) pays to you.
- Any disability or retirement benefits which you receive because of your disability or retirement under a Railroad Retirement Act or any state or public employee retirement or disability plan.
- Any income received for disability or retirement under the Policyholder’s Retirement Plan, to the extent that it can be attributed to the Policyholder’s (the State’s) contributions.
- Any income received for disability under another Group Insurance Policy (for example, if you are a member of TSEA and have a group disability policy so are covered under both Disability plans)
- Any income received for workers’ compensation
The above list is not all inclusive. Please read the Short Term Disability Certificate of Insurance for the full legal details. Click here to view the Certificate.
Please note that Long Term Disability Insurance (LTD) FAQs are for State employees only. The State of TN does not offer Long Term Disability Insurance to Higher Education employees. If you are a Higher Education employee, direct questions on LTD to your Agency Benefits Coordinator.