When can I cancel or change my Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage?

You may cancel coverage during the Annual Enrollment Period or by giving at least 30 days advance written notice. You may change your coverage option during the Annual Enrollment Period or when you experience a Special Qualifying Event; however, if currently enrolled and increasing coverage, you will be required to submit an Evidence of Insurability application.

Please note that Long Term Disability Insurance (LTD) FAQs are for State employees only. The State of TN does not offer Long Term Disability Insurance to Higher Education employees. If you are a Higher Education employee, direct questions on LTD to your Agency Benefits Coordinator.

Have more questions? Submit a request