CDHP/HSA and Local CDHP/HSA
- What is the CDHP/HSA (or Local CDHP/HSA) insurance plan?
- On what can I spend my health savings account funds?
- On whom can I spend my health savings account funds?
- If I close my health savings account or switch from the Consumer-driven Health Plan or Local CDHP to one of the preferred provider plans, what happens to my HSA balance?
- Why might I choose the Consumer-driven Health Plan option?
- Does enrollment in Medicare impact my HSA eligibility?
- If my spouse is on Medicare, can I choose the CDHP?
- I will be Medicare eligible next July and will enroll in Medicare. I am currently on the CDHP plan. Do I need to change my plan during Annual Enrollment, or will that be a special qualifying event in July?
- I contributed to an HSA last year. Will the state mail Form 8889 to me? Is it available electronically?
- Is my full health savings account contribution available to me at the beginning of the year?
- If I have an HSA this year and switch to an FSA next year, will I still have access to any remaining funds in my HSA account from the previous enrollment?
- Is there a maximum amount that I can spend on my HSA debit card?
- Can I use my HSA debit card after I terminate employment?
- Do the funds in my HSA accrue interest?
- When looking at the CDHP/HSA, is it best to consult a tax professional regarding your personal finances and the impact on your federal income taxes?
- Do I have to use Optum Financial for my health savings account?
- Are there fees associated with an Optum Financial HSA?
- What happens if I exceed the contribution amount?
- Will I receive any regular reporting on my account?
- If I enroll in the CDHP and my spouse has a medical FSA, can I still contribute to an HSA?
- Can I have both an HSA account and an FSA account?
- Can the funds in an HSA be invested?
- How do I pay claims with a Consumer-driven Health Plan?
- Can I have “gap” insurance or other health coverage and the CDHP?